Saturday, September 20, 2008

Touchdowns=Toppings

The Terps won another football game again today. Cool stuff. I wasn't feeling so swell this morning when I woke up, so I wasn't entirely sure I'd be able to go, but fortunately I bucked up and went.

Apparently, for every touchdown our team gets, every attendee can get a free pizza topping at Papa Johns. And if Maryland wins, they double that number. That means that this week we can get a large pizza with 12 toppings. Whoo. It's not so much that I would every want 12 different things on my pizza, but somehow game is more exciting when we can celebrate that we will have two more topppings to add to our Tuesday pizza. We got another touchdown? Oh, yay, more toppings! I think the people around us were cheering for other reasons.

My apartment building was having a resident appreciation party today, so we did our quote, unquote, tailgating, for free. We had hamburgers and then got our faces drawn by a sketch artist named Jerry. His technique is the giant face, little body style. I never much understood the concept, but hey, it's still kind of cool to have my "resemblance" on paper. Looks just like me, huh?

2 comments:

  1. what the heck are you hitting? It looks like a smushed brain instead of a volleyball haha.
    but that's cool. Wow 12 toppings? So that would be like pepperoni sausage onions mushrooms green peppers red peppers olives pineapple extra cheese ham... That's only 10... What else can you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it does kinda.

    I know, I can't wait to see what the pizza looks like. A heap. A heap of toppings I say. I'll take a pic.

    ReplyDelete