Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11

Seven year anniversary of 9/11 today.

I can hardly believe it has been that long ago.

I remember sitting in chemistry class my sophomore year of high school when someone ran in and insisted we turn on the TV. There the world trade towers were on the screen, smoking away. I don't think it's a moment any American will ever forget.

My art teacher made us write down our personal response to the whole occurrence and seal it in an envelope because she said we would want to remember exactly what we were feeling in that moment. She was right; but now I don't know where I put that envelope. Maybe I'll find it someday.


Our hearts are heavy today in remembrance of the many lives that were stolen by the terrorists. But they did not win, nor will they ever. 9/11 only brought our nation closer together and revealed the good that was resting within millions of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment