Thursday, September 18, 2008

Casa Blanca USA

Today, a group of friends and I hit up the White House. Yeah. We went inside. I bet you are jealous now, but don't be too much, we only got to tour the first floor East Wing. Thank you Wisconsin congressman, (even though I've never stepped foot in Wisconsin).


It was cool, something every American should visit at some point in their life time. We walked through the Green Room, Blue Room, Red Room (my fav), and the State Dining Room in addition to a few others. I think I could get used to living there; a little stately elegance. My plan is in progress. My bid for the 2024 presidential election is only a few years away. Watch out Washington.

What I really want to know though, is how you get a job working in the White House. I was envying all the young professionals scurrying through the corridors. How could I be one of those people? Hmmmmm.

Oh, and about the one lone protester outside. He apparently he has a 99 year permit (of which he has completed 26 years) to camp out, but they don't offer such things anymore. All other protesters must go home to sleep. We opted not to walk by him; looked a little creepy. We don't even know what it was that he was protesting. When I suggested that I could live in the White House, I did mean in it. Not outside. Across the street. Or on the road.

3 comments:

  1. A tour of the White House is a goal of mine at some point in my life... Hopefully not too far..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so awesome. i want to do that someday. i am jealous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that your life plans are not to protest/live outside on the street by the white house. Makes me proud of you.

    ReplyDelete