Sunday, September 14, 2008

Terps Football

I went to a REAL football game yesterday. Maryland vs. California. We did not get creamed. Or pulverized. Or chopped up and served for dinner like everyone seemed to predict. We actually won, 35-27. Go Terps!

I was amazed at how many people showed up. The Byrd Stadium holds over 50,000 people, and seemed to me like it was full. For students, they have a lottery system, so sometimes you get tickets, sometimes you don't. We, fortunately, did.

The cheers however, are kind of cruel. There is one that features the line, "Hey, you suck" over and over again. A real classy way of celebrating a touchdown. The most compassionate one though, was when a player on the other team got hurt and people in the crowd start chanting "you got f*@#ed". Well that was nice.

My face really hurts from the game. It's probably because it was about a million degrees outside and only two clouds were in the whole sky. My skin is about as red as the red shirt that I was wearing. Oh, good American sports.

2 comments:

  1. it sounds like you're having a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete