Friday, September 26, 2008

The Coolest Thing Ever to Hit the Pool

I went to swim laps at the rec center on campus this week. I stuck my head under the water to get ready to swim some laps, but I heard something strange. Something that I thought was air bubbles in my swim cap at first. But the noise did not stop. Words? Were those word I was hearing? Or music? Could it be music? I asked my friend I was with if she heard it too, and lo behold I was not going crazy. She had heard an ad for McDonalds the last time she went swimming.


UMD broadcasts radio stations in the pool. Literally. Underwater. Stick your ears under and you can hear it. Come up for a breath and silence. It is the coolest thing ever. I had no idea it was even possible to listen to music while swimming. This will make using the pool much more enjoyable. When in high school, I always wished they'd invent something like this, and here it existed all this time.

Now I can swim to the beat.

2 comments:

  1. i really like that. that is so awesome. i wish i was at your pool.

    ReplyDelete