Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Million Dollar Homepage

I wish I had this idea first. The Million Dollar Homepage that sold 1 million pixels for $1 dollar each to eager advertisers to have a stable URL link on a basic homepage.

The Million Dollar Homepage is a website conceived by Alex Tew, a then 21-year-old student from England to help raise money for his university education. Launched on August 26, 2005, the website is said to have generated a gross income of $1,037,100 USD.
That's insane. And so simple. Good for the entrepreneur. Funny thing though is that he ended up dropping out of college because he was SO successful and made SO much money. I wonder whether this project was 'good' for him in the end or not? Can a million dollars and the fame of a good idea replace a university education?

That is the question.

1 comment:

  1. Ah man....I sure am envious. But I do agree, I think it wasnt worth it, he should've continued his education....that money wont always last forever.

    ReplyDelete