Thursday, July 10, 2008

White and Nerdy

If you are white and nerdy (or neither), you'll like this blog, Stuff White People Like. It's a big list of, well, stuff white people tend to like. It's hilarious.


The list details the white person's obsession with (to name a few): coffee, bad memories of high school, Apple products, multi-lingual children, irony, music piracy, sweaters, and expensive sandwiches.

My personal favorite, Grammar:
Do not assume that white people will cast a blind eye to your grammar mistakes in email and official documents. They will judge you and make a general assessment about your intelligence after the first infraction. Fortunately, this situation can be improved if you ask a white person to proof read your work before you send it out. “Hey Jill, I’m sorry to do this, but I have a business degree and I’m a terrible writer. Can you look this over for me?” This deft maneuver will allow the white person to feel as though their liberal arts degree has a purpose and allow you to do something more interesting.

Don’t worry, it is impossible for a white person to turn down the opportunity to proofread.
----That's me. That's me. I am that person... Why do I get the feeling I am being mocked??

No comments:

Post a Comment