Wednesday, July 9, 2008

BEADS

I realized that I have never blogged about my beading obsession. What a shame.

It's about time you knew, blogosphere. My name is Jenn and I have a beading problem. "Hi, Jenn," you say (Ironically beading is a lot more like alcholism than you could imagine. It takes a lot of money, a lot of time, sometimes makes you happy, sometimes angry, and is highly addictive).

I have three very large, very full plastic containers filled with nothing other than beads and beading supplies. I love designing, creating, picking out beads for, and of course, wearing my jewelry. My particular 'kick' at this point is for the earrings. They are the quickest and classiest. Nice sterling silver finding and glass beads make a nice combo.

I suppose I envision myself selling all the stuff that I make, but I find that to be the worst part of being an artist/artisian. You want to focus on creation, not on business managment. Or in other words I want to make stuff and somehow magically be able to self-support my work. I want to create create create. Unfortunately that also means spend spend spending.

Oh the perils of being an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment