Monday, March 31, 2008

Watch Those Politicians

FactCheck I like the idea of a nonpartisan political fact-checker. Awhile ago I saw a news clip about fact-checking headquarters operated by specific political parties, and their claims can get messy pretty quickly. Something about the dirt these affiliated organizations dig up seems questionable to me. An independent watchdog appears to be more credible in these situations, one like FactCheck. They say:
We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit, "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews, and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.

FactCheckI am tempted to go on a digression about a certain presidential candidate that I dislike, but I will keep my mouth shut. You can read what you will at FactCheck about this one (and others) for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment