Thursday, March 24, 2005

Swan Squawking

Tomorrow or rather today (way early in the morning) is good Friday and Ship still has school. No Easter break for us. We still have classes even on the day Jesus died. Something just seems wrong with that. Jesus would want us to have a break.

Now I feel bad. Maybe I shouldn't have written that. Did I just offend God? No offense intended. But really Jesus died, and yet we just treat it like a normal day. Maybe this year I will reflect on Christ's sacrifice more closely, and then in a sense not having a break will be beneficial.

On a completely different note, wednesday during my British Writers class the professor was talking about how swans ruin landscapes and then she made this abrupt loud squawking nose that just made me laugh hysterically. The only thing was that I was the only one laughing. For some reason or another I thought it was the funniest thing I ever heard and sporadically during class I would unconsciously start smiling and almost lose it. I kept on thinking how it was so funny that SWANS ruined a landscape and then the noise she made only made it more ironic. I just kept repeating in my head, Jenn Jenn, just control yourself, no snorting or anything, apparently nobody else found the swan thing funny, but it definitely hit my funny bone.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...Jenn, black friday? Don't you mean Good Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoopsy. my bad. all fixed now. Thanks em.

    ReplyDelete