Tuesday, March 15, 2005

strange garments

So for my 3D design class we just finished our cardboard abstract art project (mine was expressing the word argument) and now we are assigned to make an outfit or clothing item out of some sort of unusual material. I'm so excited about this project. Some examples in class were out of tires, or silk flowers, or soda cans, or nails, or basically anything. Last year I made a dress out of duct tape for a contest at our school and that took forever but was still tons of fun. This time I'm thinking straws. I bought a whole bunch at k-mart and I spent 5 hours tonight tying them together with fishing line, but I haven't even made a dent in the possibilities or come close to completion of the ensemble. I envision many long hours working on this project, but I think it will be worth it.
IMG_0280 IMG_0281
Here are pics of my duct tape thing from last year, it's been in a box for a while now so it’s not a spectacular as it once was-aka large creases from folding. You'll just have to be happy with photos of the shoes and gloves/mask only. The whole outfit also has a head piece, arm band, mermaid-like skirt, a strapless top, a necklace, and of course what you see in those photos. Ha. Now that I think about it, guess what I named my duct tape outfit? Yep, that's right, Moonlight Masquerade, hence the name of this. Wow, I amaze myself at times. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment