Wednesday, March 2, 2005

The ever elusive purse with a long strap

So today was the last day before spring break. Time goes by much slower when you are conscious of it. Every 5 minutes I would check my watch to see if class was over yet. Finally I can be carefree, finally we are that much closer to going to NYC. We are going to have so much fun. I got an email today confirming our reservations at swing46, this jazz dance club with live music and dinner. They say you have to dress up to go and it seems like a very stylish classy place. Later on I'll have to put up some pictures of our trip. I just can't wait, although I must find a cute black purse before we leave. No one wants to walk around New York looking out of place. You have no idea how hard it is to find a purse with a long enough strap to put around your neck these days. They just don't make any cool ones like that anymore. The long-strap ones are limited to momma purses or suitcase sized ones and I definitely don't wanna carry a momma purse! Oh, the worries of being a girl. Feel lucky boys, you can shove everything important you own in a wallet and in your back pocket. Plus you can't leave anything in your pocket behind like I tend to have the habit of forgetting my purse at places, and then have to back track my steps and hope the world is a good place without theives and robbers who may see a lonely purse and help themselves to all the good stuff in there like makeup and tissues, right? Although on the bright side purse shopping CAN be fun, but usually I find things when I don't need them, but when I really search for something it stresses me out and can't be found. I've concluded that shopping plays games with your mind. Resist the temptation... or not, and go shopping anyway in order to find things you weren't really looking for in the first place.

(On a side note: like *ahem* pretty brown boots that friends trick you into buying that you really don't NEED.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, those boots were cute!!! Keep them!!!! You know you'll regret it someday if you return them. I'm the first to comment on your blog! Yay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks. But I dunno... I don't NEED them, although they were cute.

    ReplyDelete