Saturday, March 26, 2005

Easter Eggs

Tonight I am going over to my Grandma's house to paint easter eggs. It's family tradition to do so. We hard boil dozens of eggs and then draw on them with crayons, and then dip them in this vinager and dye mix and the wax from the crayons resist the dye. Some of them turn out pretty cool, but most are just "huh, that's nice." Every year I try to think of new ideas to draw on the eggs, but most turn out being bunnies or peeppees (baby chickens for those of not from PA). My favorite thing to do is to make random designs with a white crayon and then let the egg in the dye for a long time so it gets really dark and then only the white marks show up. Those usually look really psychedelic. Did I spell that right? Is there a right way to spell psychedelic?

No comments:

Post a Comment