Saturday, March 26, 2005

God

In light of Easter I have put up a passage that I try to live my life by.
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God–this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2
Too often I find myself conforming to the world, viewing sin as not so bad. We all need an awakening now and again. May I always have a never-ending-passion to glorify God.

Christ died for us. Is it too much for God to ask the same of us? He may not be asking us to die a physical death for him, but he is saying that we need to sacrifice our desires and be made pure and holy in his sight. It is not something we can do ourselves. It is only by the grace of God, through faith, that we are saved. Praise God for his forgiveness and love. But always remember he is just too. Imperfect humans will never reach him unless we have accepted his forgiveness.
Now let the fear of the LORD be upon you. Judge carefully, for with the LORD our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery. 2 Chronicles 19:7
I dunno about you, but that verse literally puts the fear of God in me:) Whether you share my beliefs or not, do not let a day go by that you do not recognize the presence of God and are not humbled by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment