Thursday, March 3, 2005

Mosaic Floor

Today seemed like Saturday all day long since I had nooooooo classes. Ah, the life, it was wonderful. I have made it my goal that before break is over I should be at least half done refinishing my bathroom floor. We ripped out the old linolium and bought a huge container of broken tiles and blue colored grout. I am going to do a mosaic with all the pieces. Unfortunatley it is a lot more work than I expected. First you gotta lay out all the tiles where you want them and then pick them up and mix the cement stuff, then smooth it down and then put the tiles back, stick caulking between them, wipe off the extra gunk, and finally seal it with glaze stuff. It seems like there are a million steps, plus I'm afraid I'll mess it up and then not be able to fix it. Even still this project is exciting; I can't wait to see it once it is done. When I'm done I'll do a before and after picture to show you the transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment