Saturday, March 12, 2005

NEW YORK BABY!!!!

Yeah, NEW YORK BABY!! So we pick the two days in the whole year that a freak blizzard hits New York to go visit. Our spring break consisted of temperatures that were way below freezing. While we we looking at the statue of liberty the snow was painfully pelting our faces and the wind about knocked us over. Not to mention it wasn't the greatest picture taking weather either. I think we may have been cursed or something. We neither got onto the taping of Regis and Kelly or Conan O'Brien which was sooooooooooo disappointing. Also the swing dance club we had reservations for was closed due to their heater breaking. Nonetheless we still had fun. I had my moment of being angry/depressed (and I apologize guys) but thanks for making our trip fun anyway. I rode a subway for the first time in my life and hence I am happy that I have my good ole car to haul me around. If katie and tami hand't caught me the one time I almost fell over into someone's lap, I think I may have been shot. We were on the 12th floor of a hotel right by times square which was a nice spot. We browsed around the huge, might I add, Metropolitain Museum of Art. We ate at Planet Hollywood on Wednesday and probably the highlight of my trip was seeing the Jean Claude and Christo gates. Emily and I almost slipped on the ice with excitement when we saw they weren't taken down yet. We had assumed they took them down right before we got there but when we saw the billowing orange cloth in the distance we started screeching with delight. NY was tons of fun even if it didn't turn out as planned. Here are some pics of our fun.

IMG_0113 Mike was amongst us four girls. He was a great sport and actually survived with nothing more than a few frost bitten toes:)

IMG_0133 I wan't kidding when I said the snow was pelting our faces. I've never been in a snow storm quite like this before. It was all I could do to face the wind to take the picture.

IMG_0113 Yay, the celebrated gates! Let me know if you want to see the rest of my pictures of them. (Note my new profile pic)

IMG_0113 This is in the lobby of our nice hotel. I think it's a painting of the highlights of NYC.

IMG_0113Here we have my friends gawking/gazing/ohhing and ahhing/looking at/admiring/viewing/apreciating some modern painting at the MET that no one knows what it is supposed to be. Actually Mike is probably trying to explain it to the everyone else.

IMG_0113 Finally the nightscape of NY. All the ads and lights and such. Too bad photos can't convey the cold. I'm telling you, it was unbelievable.
I'll probably put up some more photos later from our trip so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment