Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What Happened to Red Watermelons?

No no, it is not pineapple you see. It is watermelon.

Yellow watermelon is the new thing.

Red is out. Yellow is in.

For some reason, I don't think yellow watermelon tastes the same. Psychologically?? it tastes more like cantaloupe and less like watermelon, which is a sad sad change for any melony-fruit.

Also negative, the yellow watermelon I had was seedless. Why eat watermelon unless you can have a speed-spitting contest afterwards? I am just not a fan.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of some companies taking watermelons and growing them into cube shapes and stuff like that but a yellow one?....weird....I'd probably try it just to say that I at least gave it a shot.... but I would imagine the results would be about the same as yours...

    ReplyDelete