Monday, October 6, 2008

DC Chinese Cultural Festival

I forgot to post about a Chinese festival that I went to with some friends from my cohort last Sunday. We took the metro to Chinatown for a parade and little performance on the streets of DC. It was fun and festive. I was enthralled by the pretty fabrics of the dragons dancing down the streets. The Chinese know how to do celebrations in rich color.


The show was a display of kung fu (or maybe some other form of fighting since I really don't know my kicking and chopping so well) and drumming with ribbon dancing. Yay. I love living in a multi-cultural city. Homogeneity is so boring when so many different cultures have amazing contributions to our diverse world.

Who wants to go on a little field trip to China now? I know I do.

1 comment: