Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Motorcycle Diaries

Che GuevaraSo after seeing this image plastered everywhere in the more liberal sectors of Europe, I did research to figure out who on earth this guy was. He is the revolutionary "Che" Guevara who was really famous in South America.

When I got a free movie rental at a picnic I was at awhile ago, I used the coupon to check out The Motorcycle Diaries. I am adding it to my list of favorite movies. The film follows Che from Argentina to Venezuela and allows you to see how he formed his ideologies along the way.

motorcycle diariesWhile I don't really think armed revolutions and communisim is the answer to world poverty and suffering, I must applaud him for being a compassionate, well-intentioned man.

As far as the movie goes, A+ for artistry, Gael Garcia Bernal (he he), and keeping the original Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment