Monday, May 14, 2007

Glutinous Balls

Glutinous Balls Boba LatteWhen I stayed with my sister in Dallas last summer, they took me to Boba Latte where they serve drinks with glutinous balls in them. What are glutinous balls you ask? Well, that is a good question. They are basically Taiwainese inspired lumps of tapioca or chewy shells with gooey insides that are also known as bobas, bubbles, and pearls. I got a cheesecake smoothie with them in it. When you suck up the drink in the (extra wide) staw, these giant things come up with it and about choke you because they get lodged in your throat. They are so weird and cool at the same time. Definitely something you must try before you die. Be warned though, you've NEVER had anything like them before.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, I have....and the one I had, I didn't like too much. Mustafa got us a mango one at the valley mall and it was ok....but yeah jenn, you can get them from a little stand in the valley mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? they have them here? I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah they do....in valley mall i think closer to the gap

    ReplyDelete