Thursday, April 23, 2009

Vroom Vroom

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I rode on a motorbike for my first time ever today. It was an, um, experience. I agreed to visit another school after teaching at the CERP in the morning but it is too far to walk to, so one of the other teachers offered to pick me up on her moto. Ahhh.

I put on the helmet as required by law, hopped on the back, and off we went to school. It was crazy. The girl I went with was a fine driver, but I couldn't help feeling like I was going to die to whole way there! There was virtually no protection between me and the cold hard pavement.

It seems like motor bike is the primary means of transportation here in the city of Salto. People of all ages zig zig through the streets on a moto. Personally, I'm not too eager to ride on one again, unless I am the one in the driver's seat. There's just something scary about not being in control.

2 comments:

  1. Just think, some of the larger engines can easily do 60mph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't even imagine!! Waaaay too fast for me.

    ReplyDelete