Thursday, April 16, 2009

Discourse Analysis

Today was my first day teaching a Thursday morning class which just happens to be, get this, discourse analysis. Yay! Discourse analysis you ask? Isn't that just rhetoric by a different name? Why yes, yes it is. Imagine that; I get to teach the students at the Centro Regional de Profesores (CERP) what I love. It's so exciting. Officially the course is entitled linguistics, but there is a large component that involves the analysis of texts. Today we talked about what makes a text a text and I passed around several examples and had them defend whether or not they though the materials were pieces of discourse.

Whoo. I just thought I share some of joy with all of you. Hoorah for studying discourse. I can only wait until next Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment