Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

sunflowerYesterday, my family and I had our Labor Day festivities which included a nap for me in the afternoon, reading The Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare (now you see the reason for the nap), grilled chicken, and homemade chocolate ice cream at my grandparent's house.

I have gotten myself on this horrible sleeping schedule, but what is new about that? I just figure the next two week will be brutal while I try to adapt to normalcy again.

homemade ice creamThe ice cream maker that we use is deafeningly loud, and really, you feel like you can't hear quite right for several hours after standing by the machine. The ice cream was so tasty though. Reminded me of a Frosty at Wendy's only better, much better. This time, it was rather runny; almost like a milkshake--but I'm not complaining.

I love lazy days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment