Friday, September 14, 2007

Bits and Pieces

I remember walking to my tube stop in London one day with my friend (who didn't read much English so he couldn't appreciate this) and we passed a guy taking a snapshot of a sign. He looked over at us sheepishly, and I was like, what is going on? I looked at what he is taking a picture of, and the sign quite literally read, "No Begging. Fine: £200" How funny is that? I wish I had gotten a picture of it.

Unrelatedly, I heard a funny thing this week, said by another student in my fiction writing class. "Well, the story wasn't dry, so I guess that makes it moist. No... I guess that wouldn't make it moist." For some reason, that seemed pretty funny to me at the time.

3 comments:

  1. ha...remember when i took that pic of the sign in innsbruck...the one where it has an adult and kid holding hands..big and blue, and your body is right behind it, so it looks like the sign is your head? hahahahaha
    i thought it was in service learning that someone said that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no?

    yeah, that sign and my body. hmmmm, i don't like that one. The German restaurant picture was funny too. the golden fass minus the f. and the smuck jewlry store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not smuck...shmuck....shmuck!

    ReplyDelete