Friday, October 27, 2006

BUZZZZZZZ light year

buzz aldrin moonBuzz Aldrin came to Shippensburg tonight to speak about: "The Apollo Dream"

I think that he was advocating the privatization of space exploration. He talked about private sectors supporting space tourism with reusable shuttles and lottery systems to allow normal citizens a chance to go into space.

I personally think all space exploration should be handed off into the private sector, not only because it would speed the rate of space travel advancements, but also stop federal funding of NASA that I am paying taxes for. It's not that I don't like shelling out dollars for the advancement of science, because I do recognize that NASA has made the US a powerful country and it also has been the vanguard in other scientific endeavors. On the whole and whole I think that too much money is being drained into a program that isn't showing us any results. For goodness sakes, it's been 3 years since the last mission, 2 have failed within the past 30 years, and they still hope to Mars even with such a bad recent track record.

buzz aldrin flag moonEmily made a good point while we were listening to Dr. Buzz, how many times has he had to tell that story? Does he ever get sick of "and then I stepped onto the moon..."
Note: I did point out to her that he gets buckets full of money to tell that story over and over again, so you can't really feel bad for the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment