Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Carmelo, Uruguay

These past couple of days, I've been in Carmelo, Uruguay helping with a camp for high school students from disadvantaged neighborhoods.

Carmelo is a cozy little town in the Eastern Uruguay nestled along the Rio de la Plata. The pace of life is much slower in Carmelo than in Montevideo. People ride through the streets on bicycles and pedestrians stroll casually alongside the river.


It is a beautiful little town in Uruguay, worth a visit if you are in search of a some rest and relaxation. I will post more about the camp to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I read your postings daily. When I'm visiting family, I let them read your blog from my bb, so keep writing and taking pictures! We enjoy reading your shared adventures.

    Have fun at camp. I hope you are staying in buildings and not tents? Is the weather getting warmer in Uruguay? School started and Tuesday was the first day of Fall, so we will soon be raking leaves and heading into colder weather. We are all making homemade applesauce with those delicious fall apples from the orchard.

    Luv,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks. That's sweet of you to read and share. Say hello to everyone for me!

    The "camp" was in a hotel, haha. That's the way to do camp...although it lacked a campfire. The weather is right between warm and cold even though it's officially spring now. Mmmmm, homemade applesauce sounds delicious. Enjoy the fall leaves and cooler temperatures!

    ReplyDelete