Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl 09

The game was good.
Pittsburgh gave me a scare, but they pulled it out at the end!

The ads on the other hand did not meet my expectations. They sucked (bunch of crap Washington Post to suggest otherwise). I half expected a snuggie commercial to find it's way into the mix with the interest level of this year's bunch.


I still can't believe how largely disappointing they were. The economy must've killed the commercials. I mean even the Coca-Cola advertisements weren't amusing. Must be because PepsiCo wins as this year biggest advertiser
For the first time in a long time, PepsiCo, not Anheuser-Busch, this year will be the Super Bowl's biggest advertiser. Including spots for its Gatorade, SoBe Lifewater and Cheetos products, PepsiCo will have 5 to 6 minutes.
And note that only 30 seconds of airtime costs about $3 million. Pepsi must have bought out NBC. Geez.

Despite the disparaging lack of showmanship this year, I did have a few favorites that stood out among their competitors. My top 6 are as follows:

6. Budweiser Meeting Commercial
5. GE Wind Energy Commercial
4. Bridgestone Potato Head Commercial
3. Budweiser Fetch Commercial
2. Doritos Bus Commercial
1. Pedigree Exotic Pet Commercial


Bruno come back here. Bruno, you bad bad bird.

Would you agree? Any good ones that I missed?

6 comments:

  1. You are missing ones, the careerbuilder.com where "if you hate your job..." and keeps going but adds one more every round. I really like the Mr. Potato Head one.

    I, too was really disappointed in the commercials. I thought that they would have been funnier than what they were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. That one was sooooo annoying though. Nobody wanted it to repeat again, and yet it did.

    I forgot one too. I really liked this one as well. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...I like the one you just posted of the moose head. I also liked the Doritos commercial where the guy chucks the snow globe at his boss's crotch because he was wishing for a raise. And I have to admit, I was very tempted to check online at GoDaddy.com.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah... the snow globe, that one was a good one. I think that was the first commercial that aired that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooo, the first one was the Budweiser, chair through the window one, b/c he suggested saving money by not buying beer for every meeting. That one was the second one.
    And I was not tempted to check out that website. What is it anyway? Geez Aemelia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nah...the godaddy.com ones weren't bad at all....

    ReplyDelete