Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Family of Pascual Duarte

Oh, I forgot to post about the book discussion that I led earlier this month. I picked the Family of Pascual Duarte, one of my most recently acquired favorite books. Last year we read excerpts of it in my Spanish Lit course in Spain with my favorite professor Antonio. And if Antonio liked it, I knew I was sure to like it.

The family of Pascual Duarte The book (by Camilo José Cela) is about a guy in prison writing his memoirs. Unfortunately he kills a bunch of people and animals. It is a bit shocking and you feel really bad for poor Pascual and almost want to believe that he isn't a bad man like he first tells you. I don't wan't to give too much away, but know this, it is a great read. And I found it even more enriching the third time I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment