Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Countdown

The countdown to my departure from the United States has begun.  Only 4 days left.

I still haven't had time to really get prepared.  I honestly can't remember a point in my life where I've been in this much of a time crunch.  I'm starting to feel like it's not going to be humanly possible to leave by Sunday, but alas, I must.

I have to continue attending my classes until Friday.  I have a paper to finish researching and writing.  I have a giant pile of mid-term exams and papers to grade.  I have to move out of my apartment.  I have to drive home to Pennsylvania.  I have to pack.  I have to tie-up loose ends.  I have to run errands.  I have to say goodbye to everyone.  And these are only the BIG things.  Throw in a million other little things and you see my predicament.  

How am I going to get this all done in only 4 days?

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jenn, you are good at getting your stuff done. I am sure you will get everything done in time. If I was on the east coast, I would try and help you out in whatever way I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I am from MD as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog on Twitter...I am looking forward to following your experience. I just found out last week that I received a Fulbright grant to teach English in Indonesia...I leave in August! Good luck with Uruguay...do you speak any Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Kal! I'm sure you will have an amazing experience.

    I do speak some Spanish, but at times it can be frustrating not being able to fully articulate my ideas or express certain nuances in language. But of course, that's another reason I'm here. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete