Friday, July 13, 2007

Rome

Rome: ColiseumRome was awesome because all of the ancient ruins there like the coliseum, Pantheon, Julius Caesar's funeral pyre, Vestal Virgin Temple, and Roman forum. We threw a coin in the Trevi Fountain so it is certain that we shall return. I love how all the Italians ride on their little motor-scooters in business suits, smoking a cigarette, and talking on their mobile phone. The gelato--to die for, especially my favorite flavors: mango, bacchio, and hazelnut.

fountain in RomeEmily and I had a hotel room about 2 inches bigger than the ONE bed, so we made a lovely sitting room out of the closet, unfortunately that wasn't very big either. Rome, I loved it, but am discouraged by how metropolin it has become, perhaps I am saying that I just wish it felt cleaner. One day we watched a soccer game, ate pizza, discoverd ancient ruins of our own, shopped in the markets, and happened upon the coliseum.

1 comment:

  1. i loved our sitting room! don't diss the sitting room....
    that room...i shall never forget our roman hotel room. how sad.
    we had some good times in rome..."jenny, unbutton your shirt!"

    ReplyDelete